Mindfulness: The New Superpower
The basics of mindfulness and practical applications for you to use everyday.
There is a buzz around mindfulness these days. Meditation used to be for monks alone. Now highly paid tech CEOs, gold medal-Olympians, broadway stars, and high performance coaches all rave about the benefits of mindfulness. Why? Because it is life changing!
In this course we answer the following questions:
- What is mindfulness?
- Do I have to meditate to be mindful?
- What apps can help me to be more mindful?
- Does mindfulness just happen in my head or in my body as well?
- What practical benefits does mindfulness provide for my mental and physical health?
- What are the best books to read on mindfulness?
- Is mindfulness meditation always blissful or can traumatic and negative emotions arise as well?
I'll cover these topics in the lectures as well as:
- Give you a guided meditation in MP3 format
- Give you links to free resources with powerful guided meditation teachers
- Show you how to use rock balancing to be mindful
- Share with you my story of overcoming panic attacks with mindful play
- Provide some worksheets to help you
- Demonstrate a method of self massage called Qi Gong that will help you practice mindfulness (and sleep better if you do it before bed).
Let's jump in together and make this month the most mindful time of your life! Of all the course in this school, this one might just be the most powerful tool you can adopt.
If sunshine, unicorns and scientists had a baby, it would be Andy Proctor. Does that make any sense? Hmm.. But really though Andy Proctor is the number one positive psychology broadcaster on Periscope, has taught thousands of live students about the science of happiness and is published in the Journal: Mindfulness for his work on the first standardized Implicit Association Test which he is presenting at the IPPA World Congress on Positive Psychology in July 2017. He worked with Stanford researchers to create this tool and it has been used by over 15 universities worldwide. He is the author of Live Your Mission, a book that helps you find more meaning through discovery of your unique life purpose.
He is an internet entrepreneur and popular blogger. The aggregate following across all his blogs and websites is over 600,000 and he personally generates millions of views on his blogs each year.
Andy also believes that the only real learning happens when people experience something. He believes that most lecturers are super boring and unless you get out and do something to solidify the principles you are learning, it won’t stick. This is extremely important with regards to happiness. The goal in this course and all of Andy’s courses is to blend scientific rigor with entertainment and fun. This way, more people will actually remember and implement the principles that are taught. Research shows that humor can help you remember better because it activates the limbic system, which is responsible for motivation, emotion, learning and memory. When you are motivated and you are entertained, you’ll be more likely to to learn and remember.
He is also passionate about the PERMA 51 movement of positive psychology and he believes that half the world's population truly will be measurably flourishing by the year 2051. Don’t join the dark side. Instead, become a happiness Jedi and join the PERMA 51 movement by taking this course today!